MARVAC pressure / vacuum tank protection valves
An extensive range of products from pressure relief valves, vacuum relief valves, blanketing valves, emergency vents to gauge hatches, designed to protect storage tanks and vessels from the effects of changes in atmospheric pressure.
MARVAC is regarded as the world leader in the design and manufacture of tank protection and access valves to limit the pressure and vacuum created by changes in atmospheric pressure. As pressure rises or falls, MARVAC pressure relief valves allow the tank to breathe, preventing damage and spillage to ensure the safety of personnel and the surrounding environment.
MARVAC pressure relief valves, vacuum relief valves and combined pressure and vacuum relief valves can be weight, spring or pilot operated. All MARVAC products are UDT and GOST-R approved and compliant with the European ATEX and PED directives where applicable.
MARVAC’s team of engineers have unrivalled experience in dealing with tank storage applications, enabling them to assess each customer’s individual specifications to provide the optimum safety solution. MARVAC products typically operate within a range of -800 mbarg to 3.5 barg and -196°C to 250°C, but extended parameters are available on request and after consultation.
MARVAC’s product catalogue includes:
- Pressure / vacuum relief valves: a range of pressure only, vacuum only and combined pressure and vacuum relief valves to alleviate the problems caused by the thermal effects and the filling and emptying of storage tanks and vessels.
- Combination flame arresters / relief valves: a comprehensive range of flame arresters is available to work in combination with the MARVAC pressure / vacuum relief valves.
- Pilot operated relief valves: to provide accurate pressure relief when operating near the limits of design pressure and overcome the problems of backpressure generated at the discharge of the valve.
- Tank blanketing valves: dedicated to providing inert or rich blanketing of storage tanks to limit evaporation and reduce harmful emissions.
- Emergency vent manway and gauge hatch: to provide overpressure protection in the event of the tank being subjected to fire exposure and to facilitate access to the vessel from the top for internal inspection. Gauge hatches also enable product level measurement and sampling.
To find out how MARVAC can protect your tank from pressure, contact us today.